Things you Should Know Abot TN Before Moving Here (for Northerners):
1.What sweet tea(tea with sugar) amd sweet milk (not buttermilk) are.
2.Memphis is Detroit with a Southern accent.
3.No snowdays. Just "ice on the road" days. If the temp goes below 25F, we think a new Ice Age is upon us.
4.110 F is "a tad warm".
5. "Kiss my ass" is a perfectly acceptable way to end an argument.
6. Saying "Bless her/his heart" before you insult someone will safely allow you to drag them through the mud.
7.Toast is unnatural. Eat biscuits like God meant you to.
8. Flirtin' is Southern tradition. It doesn't mean you're getting lucky.
9. If you try to speak with our accent, remember draw out your vowels, y'all is two or more people, and y'all's is plural possessive. Don't blame me if you get an ass-whoopin'.
10. If you don't like it down here, the airline goes both ways.
All my exes live in Texas that's why I reside with pride in Tennessee
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.