An internet language based on poor grammar and misspellings. The rules to speak proper tannerspeak are following:
1. All 'i's in a word will be translated to 'u'. (unless effected by another rule) (see #4)
2. No two letters or vowels can be side by side, instead,
they are replaced by the first of the two.
3. All words ending with a vowel must have a 'g' after it.
4. All vowels before the last vowel (If there is only one vowel in a word, neglect this rule and see #1) will be replaced with 'y' if the letter being replaced is an ('a', 'i', 'u') or a 'i' if the letter being replaced is an ('e', 'o').
5. Do not use punctuation.
6. Vowels that are repeated with a consonant in the middle (eso in 'awesome') the first of the 2 vowels is replaced with a 'e' if the consonant is a 'soft' sound, or 'a' if the consonant is a 'hard' sound. In the case of a 'th', or 'oi' between two vowels, the 'th' is replaced with u.
7. 'y' does not count as a vowel in any situation.
8. The correct pronunciation of 'y' depends on the letter in front of it. If the letter in front of it is a 'hard' sound, the y is pronounced as a 'i' ('i' in pie). If the letter in front of it is 'soft' it is pronounced 'e' ('e' in easy).
9. All 'x's must be replaced by an 'o'.
Translations to Tannerspeak:
Easy = wesy (change E to W)
Hard = hard (no change)
Awesome = wisimeg (change 'a' to 'w'. Remove one 'w' because there are 2. Change 'e' to 'i'. Change 'o' to 'i'. Add 'g' after 'e'.(
Pizza = pyzag (delele one z. Change 'i' to 'y'. (#1 neglect for #4) Add 'g' to end)
Example = wompleg (Change 'e' to 'w'. Delete 'x' and change to 'o'. Add 'g' to end.)
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.