1. Conventionally masculine. Describes a homosexual male whose behaviour resembles that of the traditional heterosexual or straight male stereotype. Often considered politically incorrect (or even homophobic) as a label, but can be used facetiously. May apply to gay males who exhibit conventional masculinity out of a genuine predisposition, as well as to those who affect it out of insecurity (sometimes to remain in the closet).
2. The gay male equivalent of the lipstick lesbian. As a social phenomenon, the "straight acting" homosexual breaks from gay stereotypes in a way comparable to the metrosexual's defiance of straight stereotypes. (Both labels rely on stereotypes in order to be understandable, even as they describe non-stereotypical behaviour.)
1. "I've never considered myself downright flaming, but my straight acting boyfriend makes me look sooo faggy."
2. "He's so straight acting he passed by my gaydar undetected."
3. "I hate the term 'straight acting.' I mean, who's to say that straight people aren't trying to act like US?"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.