1. a tool used many purposes, including smashing things.
2. a big hit for rocker Peter Gabriel. It hit Number One in America during the summer of 1986. It has an award-winning, revolutionary video that features Claymation, or some technique similar to it. Peter Gabriel sings the lyrics from the point-of-view of a cocky guy, maybe as a parody of all those cock rock hits.
3. anything that breaks the ice, or shatters the walls of shyness or alienation in a person. Then you can get a certain person better and establish communication with him/her.
1. Richard got so pissed at the shallow boobs that were giving out what passes for the news these days he picked up a sledgehammer and smashed the fucking TV into junk.
2. A big highlight of the Peter Gabriel concert that I went to in 2003 was his megasmash "Sledgehammer".
3. ... I wanna be ... your sledgehammer
Why don't you call my name?
Ha! I wanna be your sledgehammer...
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.