A Protestant Christian denomination whose followers, upon Bible proof, observe Saturday (the seventh day) as the day of worship. Adventists worship from Friday's sunset to Saturday's sunset - a period of time called "the Sabbath day."
Followers of this belief...
- are generally against abortion.
- refrain from eating pork, shellfish, and other animals that the Bible tells are "unclean"; many people of this faith are vegetarians.
- are against gay marriage.
- are opposed to any piercings and tatoos.
- dress modestly and without adornments (i.e. jewelry, make up, extravagant hairstyles).
Being a Seventh day Adventist is really awesome - it fulfills my spiritual needs more than any other religion could.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.