1. A very funny sitcom on NBC that has no laugh track (nor needs one).
2. Clothing worn by hospital staff in the workplace. It's easier to clean blood or vomit stains out of scrubs than out of a suit shirt and they're a lot cheaper to replace.
3. In sports, players who aren't talented enough to be in the starting lineup and spend most of their time on the bench.
4. According to the TLC song, somebody without a job or car or his own place, i.e. the kind of guy who T-Boz, Left Eye and Chilli were all too stuck up to consider dating or hanging out with. A scrub was a guy who couldn't get no love from them even if he was a nice guy; since he had no material possessions they wanted nothing to do with him. This was probably just as well, since if the scrub in question did have a house of his own and impressed Lisa (RIP) enough to date her, it would only be a matter of time before she set it on fire.
1. Michael J. Fox guest-starred on Scrubs last night.
2. Aw man, this patient just puked all over my scrubs!
3. People thought Darko Milicic would be a starter for the Detroit Pistons in 2003-2004, but he was just a scrub and hardly got any playing time.
4. TLC: "A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me/And is also known as a buster/Always talkin' about what he wants/And just sits on his broke ass..."
Me: "Hey surviving TLC members! Didn't you girls have to declare bankrupty at one point? Seems to me like you're the last people who should be judging anybody for being broke!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.