Although specific meanings vary from country to country, I will attempt to produce an exhaustive list here.
1) A generic term for achieving an advantage in a sports game (verb, occasionally noun).
2) An amount due; a debt (noun).
3) A grievance that is harbored and requires satisfaction (noun).
4) A group of 20 items (noun).
4a) The amount of 20 pounds (noun)
5) The act of securing an advantage, especially a surprising or significant gain (noun).
6) The act or an instance of buying illicit drugs (noun-verb).
7) A successful robbery (noun).
8) A sexual conquest (noun-verb).
8a) Kissing someone, esp French kissing them (noun-verb, largely Irish-centric slang).
9) An exclamation of pleasure when learning of good news.
1) "I scored three goals against the High School the other day."
"He got a score in on that ponce of a keeper."
2) "I've been meaning to settle that score with you for that plastering job."
3) "Me and Jim have a score to settle about that dog I ran over, bloody thing jumped in the middle of the road."
4) "Fourscore and seven years ago..."
4a) "He owes me a score from when he went down the chip shop."
5) "We're really got a score over them on this real estate deal."
6) "I've got the shakes awful bad, we've got to score like right now."
"Here's a score, now give us a tenner."
7) "That bank job the other day was a right score."
8) "I scored her last night and all, and she were screaming her head off."
"She was an old score, never mind her."
8a) "Ah yeah I scored that bird over there in the blue dress!"
9) "Ma's getting pizza! Score!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.