1. A small cake originating in Scotland
2. Derived from the Scottish Gaelic word "Sgonn" meaning a "block" or more precisely "Sgonn arain" meaning a block of bread. Due to this, the correct pronunciation is "Skon". The earliest record of a scone dates back to the early 16th century in Scotland.
3. Commonly served with clotted cream, strawberry jam and a cup of tea. More commonly known as a "cream tea".
4. There are derivatives of the word "scone" in Scots language where the word is also pronounced "skon".
5. Can also be known as a biscuit in American English.
Scones are delicious.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.