A somewhat new-ish (yet very common) stereotype that developed in the London/Kent/Essex/Hertfordshire area in England, and is now spreading to many other area's of the country.
- All prettyboy clothes are expensive, and are usually from shops such as Topman and River Island.
- Tight, girly-coloured (pink, yellow, etc) t-shirts that are of no readily identifiable brand and usually have some kind of scrawled pattern or design on the front. No more than 2 layers of clothing can be worn at any time, even in the winter.
- Tight, plain, expensive jeans.
- Trainers, usually white and in girly colours.
- Gelled (but more commonly waxed now a days) hair, sometimes with highlights. Grown quite long.
- Socialise only with other prettyboys/girls.
- Never participate in violence, but love gossiping when fights do erupt, and talking about "what they would have done" in an effort to show masculinity to their girl friends.
- Wear moderate amounts of jewellary.
- Do not go out much. Spend as little time on the streets as possible, as they realise they are a vulnerable target for muggings and random violence.
- Prettyboys are usually friendly, but can come across as irritating, and cocky.
- Prettyboys are usually very wealthy, but can come from a range of social backgrounds. Some prettyboys are ex-rudeboys who see the rudeboy culture as immature.
- Most are popular with girls, as prettyboys dress specifically to appeal to women.
- Follow a strict social strucutre religously. They think they "have a place" in their school/college, and know who they can "talk down to" and who to "suck up to."
- Most will claim they listen to a mix of R&B, hiphop and rock, but really just listen to whatever is in the charts at the moment.
Personally I find prettyboys the scum of the earth, due to their narrow-minded lifestyle and a life amibition to go out with the "buffest" girl in their school.
They like to argue that all groups "follow" each other.
This is not true, and is a weak defense.
Some prettyboys actively admit they wear what the most popular people are wearing. Correct, rudeboys, grungers, etc DO have a sense of style that they stick to, but it is nowhere near as single-minded as the prettboy style.
Don't pretend you don't understand what I just said either... its obvious and you know it!
normal man : "we started on some prettyboys at a house party last night. they shit themselves"
person 1 : "what's your friend like?"
person 2 : "he's a prettyboy"
person 1 : "what a loser"
rudeboy : "*kiss teeth* see dem prettyboys over dere blud..set me da shank init, mans gona jack dem up standard"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.