In roleplaying, this means that a player uses cheap tricks in order to win a battle. It is Known as OP for short and is used by many anime roleplayers who takes the role of Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball Z (hence the facts that saiyajin could destroy mountains and cities with a beam and saint seiya characters can't be hit twice by the same tech/spell/jutsu, for example) and most, hellsing and elfen lied based characters, and uses their 10th sense, vectors, and goes to a monster transformation to enter god mode in all around based battle RPGs.
Overpower acts include:
- Stopping attacks or actions without a logical reason, just because the character did it in the manga/anime;
- Constant use of cheap dodging (like utsusemi, the famous replacement by a wood log), force fields that last for absurd amounts of time, or impassable barriers that does not get weak, even if there are conditions that may decrease their effect;
- Some vampire players that are unaffected by the sun without having a logical explanation for it;
- Summonings of monsters that could overhelm an entire planet, like tiamat and cthulhu;
- Naruto characters who portrait Uchihas to use sharigan's tricks.
Damn, my character got pwned ridiculously. My enemy mantained a barrier for the entire battle and went overpower by summoning a giant dragon at the same time, the play was ridiculous.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.