or•tho•sex•ual•ity \ ôr'thə-sĕk'shū-ăl'ĭ-tē\
1. The sum of the physical, functional, and psychological attributes of a gender’s biologically correct, natural, normal or typical sexual behavior, conduct or expression.
2. (Biology) Sexual activity, behavior, conduct or expression that is biologically correct, natural, normal, or typical of the male or of the female; the sexual attraction to members of the opposite sex.
3. (Sociology) The sexual behavior, conduct, or response universally considered socially acceptable, proper, normal, or usual.
4. (Psychology) The psycho erotic attraction to members of the opposite sex; the disposition to sexually behave in a mentally sane and biologically correct, natural, normal or typical manner. The quality of being free of psycho sexual (i.e., aberrosexual) disorders such as bisexualism, fetishism, homosexualism, lesbianism, necrophilism, sadomasochism, voyeurism, zoophilism, etc.
5. (Sexology) The biologically correct expression or response to sexual attraction or erotic arousal; the biologically correct expression or response to one's male or female gender, especially vis-á-vis genitalia and reproduction.
Synonyms: sexual correctness, sexual appropriateness, sexual healthiness, sexual normality or typicality, also improperly referred to as “heterosexuality”.
Antonyms: sexual aberrance, deviance, or perversion, aberrosexualism, homosexualism
1. Edward thoroughly enjoys and gaily admits his orthosexuality.
2. Only orthosexuality can produce sexually well-adjusted, truly gay human beings.
3. Thomas defends orthosexuality as the healthiest and gayest sexual behavior for all members of society.
4. Psychologists point to orthosexuality as the standard of sane sexual conduct.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.