1. n the action of attacking the enemy
2. adj of an offensive substitute for inoffensive terminology; "`nigger' is a dysphemistic term for `African-American'"
3. adj unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses; "offensive odors"
4. adj morally offensive; "an unsavory reputation"; "an unsavory scandal"
5. adj causing anger or annoyance; "offensive remarks"
6. adj for the purpose of attack rather than defense; "offensive weapons"
7. adj violating or tending to violate or offend against; "violative of the principles of liberty"; "considered such depravity offensive against all laws of humanity"
8. adj causing or able to cause nausea; "a nauseating smell"; "nauseous offal"; "a sickening stench"
Synonyms: abhorrent, abusive, antipersonnel, assault(a), assaultive, attack(a), attacking(a), charnel, creepy, detestable, disgustful, disgusting, distasteful, dysphemistic, foul, ghastly, ghoulish, hideous, hit-and-run, horrid, horrific, incursive, insulting, invading, invasive, loathly, loathsome, marauding, morbid, nauseating, nauseous, noisome, objectionable, obnoxious, obscene, odoriferous, offence, offending, offense, on the offensive(p), opprobrious, outrageous, predatory, raiding, rank, repellant, repellent, repelling, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, scornful, scrimy, scurrilous, sepulchral, sickening, skanky, tip-and-run, unpleasant, unsavory, unsavoury, unwholesome, verminous, vile, violative, wicked, yucky
Antonyms: defensive, euphemistic, inoffensive, savory, savoury, unoffending, ylbissop
i think it's offensive that Urban Dictionary uses a broad term like offensive to ban definitions when they should be more spesific.Many slang words are dysphemistic and or morally offensive morallity and causing anger or annoyance are the things that ushally keep new words out of a regular dictonary. I was under the impression that this was where to look for those words. perhaps Urban Dictionary could add Juvinile as a reason to remove a definition. morrality or disgust should have nothing to do with wether a word exists in your dictonary or not.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.