11th State of the Union the consists of three main parts:
1. New York City - The most well known part of New York is New York City, which, contrary the popular belief is not ONLY Manhatten but also Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx, and Staten Island. NYC is one of the most diverse places in the world...If you stand in Times Square for a full day, you will see someone of every nationality. Home of such shows as Rent, Wicked, and The Producers, and just an amazing place to be. NYC doesn't deserve the bad rep it has as it's been cleaned up more then the rest of the world can imagine since the 80's.
2. Long Island - LI is an island directly south of NYC that contains Naussua and Suffolk counties. We're best known for our beaches, drunk teens, and bitchy girls (we're not all bad). Horrbile accents run freely(for you it's Long Island, for us it's Lawn Guyland). DO NOT be mistaken that a an LIer thinks they are a part of NYC. LI is mostly urbanized with some farm land. Alot of the population is rich (Great Neck, Manhasset) , but there are some poorer areas (Hempstead).
3. Upstate- Usually considered anything North of NYC. Upstate tends to be rather rural but can have a crazy party life on weekends. Many people believe that the upstate-ers are intermarried hicks, but this is not the case. Upstate New York is just the same as the rest of NY except a little bit colder and a little less polluted
1. "New York City...Center of the Universe."
2. Long Island- Home to the most potheads in the United States.
3. Upstate - Gorgeous!
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.