- Show Spelled nee-nhur
- adjective, noun
1. Person that is of a technical nature often speaking in techie jargon related to their given field. These people often lack some social skills but are not total nerds. These people tend to gather finding strength in numbers in attempts to bolster their lack of social status.
2. The person that you would not normally be friends with until your gadget/computer/technical device is not functioning correctly. You prey on their lower social status by acting as a friend even inviting them out (hoping they do not accept) in attempts to have your gadgets repaired or to attain "free" software
1. Look at Jonathan with his worn-out white sneakers, freebie tshirt and pristine computer. Notice that he does not look you in the face when he talks but he knows how to set-up a printer with your computer. He must be a neener.
Sidenote: Even thought Jonathan understands your Apple computer better than he understands his own sexuality, this does not mean he also understands your BlackBerry. Do not ask Jonathan to sync your BlackBerry
2. Sam is usually hanging out with famous people but he cannot connect to the mobile access point,...Sam is such a noob and doesn't know the difference between WEP and WPA so know he must find Greg, his favorite neener, so he can help Sam get online to update his Facebook status. Sam then invites Greg to go hang out later, Greg declines because he is a somewhat socially adept neener and understands the system.
3. An old truck driver just bought another PC notebook for $299 *sigh* and has already installed 7 different toolbars, a dozen poker programs and frequently surfs questionable websites...now his PC is running slow. The truck driver is usually a dick but is now being nice to the neeners and patronizing them. They give him what he wants just to make him go away.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.