1. A website created in 2003 by Tom Anderson of UCLA to help young adults who are out of school meet each other and for bands to post information about each other to reach new fans.
2. Opening the floodgates to ones private life.
3. Reconnecting with people that you don't really want to see again, or that you don't want them to know about you.
4. A place to post suggestive pictures at angles that will make you look attractive.
5. A place where lonely, socially-inept people spend gobs of time.
6. A place to boast your ego by competing with others about how many friends you have, how many comments you have, posting pointless surveys, describing yourself as "I'm a good looking boy/girl, who hates drama, loves Europe, doesn't know if he/she is straight/gay/bi, finds religion passe, etc." To top it off, a blog where you can bitch about how much life sucks, parents suck, boys suck, girls suck, job sucks, etc.
7. A sad excuse to developing real, geniune friendships and relationships.
8. A way to avoid conflict by sending messages or threats through myspace in place of face to face contact.
9. A website loaded with errors.
10. A pedophiles best friend.
11. A way for potential employers to find out how drunk you get, how high you get, how you love to party, how you play hokey, etc.
12. A site loaded with pages that can cause seizures.
13. A site loaded with advertising where you can "win" a cell phone by pushing the button to "help Bush outknit Sadaam!"
14. A site that can freeze or lock your computer.
15. A way to find people to hook up or date, a blind date set-up, even people from thousands of miles away who one person goes to meet the other, they feel they have "chemistry", decide to leave their secure home, get married... and realize the nightmare they have gotten themselves into.
16. A religion with the god of Tom.
17. The worst addiction next to drugs.
18. The downfall of mankind.
19. A haven for grammar and spelling errors.
20. A place to see "true" ads, with a girl licking a lollypop, showing her boobs, wanting to "chat".
21. A way to totally screw up your life (lose your job, lose your "true" friends, not go out, have anyone around the world find out about you, have no privacy, etc.)
22. A place where you can be "friends" with a celebrity.
23. Another thing that is adding to the lazy epidemic in America.
24. A place to make yourself much cooler than you really are.
25. A sign of the apocolypse.
Save yourself, DON'T get a Myspace, or CLOSE your account. Be a normal human being. Have a private life. Develop close relationships that matter. Go outside. Socialize. Enjoy nature. Travel. Explore your city. You'll be much better off.
Forget it Doctor, it's too late. He/she has a bad case of MySpace.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.