1. A mount is a riding animal, i.e. a (usually domesticated) animal intending for riding—an equine such as horse, camel, elephant or garuda. To mount means to sit astride such an animal.
2. To mount is to climb or to stand atop something. In this sense, it can also refer euphemistically to copulation (sex), especially between animals.
3. Mounting, in taxidermy, is the preparation of dead animals for display.
4. A mount is a point where additional equipment, such as a weapon, camera, winch and telescope can be attached to a vehicle so that the vehicle itself, rather than the operator, supports the weight of the equipment.
5. A mount in grappling, is a favourable position where one sits on the adversary's chest.
6. A mount in gymnastics is the maneuver of going from the ground onto a gymnastic apparatus, such as the balance beam or parallel bars.
7. "Mount" may be short for mountain, especially in names such as Mount Ararat.
8. Mounting is also a computer term when dealing with file systems.
9. Mounting is also used to describe growing/increase.
1. He mounted the horse.
2. She mounted him in bed.
3. He was mounting his fish for display.
4. She had the camera mounted on the tripod.
5. He mounted (straddled)his opponent for the kill.
6. He climbed Mount Vernon.
7. His anger was mounting.
Prices shown in USD.