1. A low, sustained, mournful cry, usually indicative of sorrow or pain.
2. A similar sound: the eerie moan of the night wind.
v. moaned, moan·ing, moans
1. To utter a moan or moans.
2. To make a sound resembling a moan: A saxophone moaned in the background.
2. To complain, lament, or grieve: an old man who still moans about his misspent youth.
1. To bewail or bemoan: She moaned her misfortunes to anyone who would listen.
2. To utter with moans or a moan.
She moaned 'cause she got hurt.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.