"Miserable User" is the name of a hack for Virtual Bulletin message boards. An admin can set a poster to that status to encourage the poster to leave the board.
Here is what happens to a miserable user:
- There is a random 60-120 second delay each time they click on a link.
- 90% of times they have no search engine acccess.
- 75% of the times they get the server too busy error.
If they don't get the server too busy error:
- 50% of the times they may get a blank page
- 30% of the times they may get forwarded to the forum main page
- 20% of the time they may be able to see the page they asked for.
Miserable User is a fate worse than permabanning.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.