A person who is an avid listener of Heavy Metal music.
Also extremely dedicated to the sub-culture which surrounds the music, which usually consists of;
* Drinking Heavily
* Destroying objects/property after drinking heavily
* Attending concerts or "gigs" of Heavy Metal bands, international or local
* Throwing ones head back and forth in an energetic fassion in time with the music
* Froming circles at concerts known as mosh pits
* Hanging with fellow followers of the metal faith and discussing/listening to Metal
* General disregard for the mainstream ala. Disliking "tools" such as Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Slipknot and others.
The average Metalhead is easily identified by other Metalheads, a Metalhead usually has a distinct "uniform" that he/she wears. it consists of;
* Long hair (usually past shoulders)
* A shirt which bears the logo of the wearers faviorate band (this peice is mandatory)
* Faded jeans, and on occasion leather pants
* A leather jacket
* An abundance of accesories, usually spiked wristbands ranging from small studs to inche long nails, "bulletbelts" and generally a many other metalic objects
* Tatoos and Peircings are not usually required but do help
A Metalheads life revolves around the music, and are generally aggressive folk because of their isolation, that is why the Metalhead has strong bonds with their metal breathern, usually picking a fight with a Metalhead will result in a tough scuffle, and is not recommended.
David: "Hey man, I just got tickets to the Slayer concert!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.