1. Of or relating to the mind, mindfulness, or memory, specifically the cognitive functions of the brain which deal with remembering (c.f. unrelated mimetic).
From Latin, /memini/ to be mindful of from the Latin root /mem/ (c.f. Greek root /mnem/).
1. By way of the mind, mindfulness, or memory.
An alternate spelling of mimetics. It is a collective noun for which the same form is both singular and plural.
1. The area of study relating to viral cultural ideas that spread from person to person. C.F. meme.
From Greek /mimetikos/ good at imitating.
1. His memetic filters prevented the horrific blood and gore from invading his mind.
2. The program ran memetically through the neural network.
3. Mimetics is the study of memes.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.