Here are some more Mcdojo examples in addition to my list that was posted eariler.
1. The Black Belts haven't reached puberty yet and they can rent out the dojo for birthday parties.
2. Your instructor tries to flirt with your girlfriend when she attempts to visit you at the dojo.
3. Your instructor is having an affair with one of his students.
4. Your instructor gives a speech during class about how TKD is superior to all other martial arts.
5. Your instructor won't allow you to compete in a tournament because his techniques are too deadly and you'd actually kill or seriously injure anyone you competed against.
6. You attend a Chinese Kung Fu School that uses the Japanese Belt Ranking System.
7. You attend a Hapkido School, but all the grappling elements have been curiously eliminated from the training.
8. Your instructor places an embargo on his students equipment purchases. You will be repremanded for bringing in gear and Gi's purchases outside the Mcdojo.
9. While sparring your instructor complains that you're not being aggressive enough. Then, when you become more aggressive your instructor complains that your being too aggessive.
10. Your instructor names his style after himself. For example Joe Son Do, Dux Ryu, Rex Kwon Do.
Look at all these 7 year old Black Belts running around. This place is a Mcdojo.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.