An adult male who still posesses psychological traits of a child. Traits include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- trying to pass the blame for their own underdeveloped judgement
- not "stepping up to the plate" when it's their role to.
- secretly still finds 3rd grade bathroom humor amusing.
- is able to connect with his children, but only as another child, not as a father.
- not to mention an overall insecurity in who he is as a man, from which similar traits sprout.
The manchild, if married, is often found married to Type A women (usually firstborn or only child in their own family) who reluctantly yet aptly take up the slack for the aforementioned manchild.
This manchild will often attempt to augment their lack and/or compete with peers with material posessions such as:
- Harley Davidson Softtail with $30 do-rag
- Hummer H2 or similar oversized fossil-fuel guzzling behemoth
- 6 seat felt poker table with matching humidor
- The very latest electronic gadgets (digital camera, GPS handheld, etc.) to impress peers with.
These examples reflect some of the psychological traits mentioned above, and some that aren't:
Ray from "Everybody Loves Raymond"
Doug from "King of Queens"
Dad from "Malcolm in the Middle"
George Costanza from "Seinfeld"
Al from "Married with Children"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.