Manassas is a small city near DC. I worked in an office there for almost 10 years and I still live about 6 miles south. While some people like to focus on the negatives of this or any place, or anything, Manassas
- is a historic town
- has a median income way above the national average
- has great schools
- has a strong business climate despite the recession (involving lots more than just used car dealerships)
- has lots of community involvement and volunteerism by lots of civic groups and churches
- has rapidly developing real estate and infrastructure
- is a nice area to live and work
Just had to post a counterpoint to some of the junk already linked here. Thanks!
ps- The Lorena Bobitt thing happened in Manassas Park, not the City of Manassas, almost as long ago as the Civil War.
Civil Warjobsimmigrantseconomic growthWashington, DCcommutersManassas
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.