Regional. Hawaii. Pidgin English.
1. n. a person born and raised in Hawaii.
2. adj. describing a person born and raised in Hawaii.
3. n. a person with dark skin, but not black.
4. n. Consisting of one or more of these ethnic backgrounds: Hawaiian, any Polynesian, Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese.
5. adj. describing the culture and or food of modern Hawaii
1. Dat guy is Japanee, but not local.
2. Eh, I one, haole, but I local.
3. The suspect was described as local.
4. My fadda stay local, and my mom stay haole.
5. I miss da local food!
Prices shown in USD.