(1) like = said (the first Valley Girl,popularized in a 1982 Frank Zappa song,swapped "like" for "said")
(2) word used in conversation to set up quotations
(3) word used as a stall tactic when they're not confident about what they're saying, akin to "uh" or "um", a space-filler in conversation to keep the other person from injecting into an otherwise-quiet space between thoughts; sometimes thought to be a sign of a poor vocabulary
(1) I'm like, `Gag me with a spoon' and she's like, `Oh my God!'
(2) He's, like, `Go ahead.'
(3) I'm like, thinking about taking my clothes off, but I'm like, on my period, and I'm thinking, like, does he want to 'do it' when Im, like, going to be bleeding all over, like, his cock....
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.