1a. Similar to.
1b. In the manner of.
3. Used with the verb "to be" in dialogue attribution (quotes).
4. Used to express:
(a) an unspoken thought or
(b) an emotional reaction, especially when
5. A filler word, interchangeable with "uh."
1a. My heart is like a singing bird.
1b. She sat like patience on a monument, / Smiling at grief.
2. There were, like, forty people in the theater.
3. He was, like, "Where are you going?"
4a. I was, like, What's wrong with you?
4b. I was, like, NO DAMMIT!!!
4c. I was, like, crying -- well, I mean, I wasn't crying, but I was so upset.
5. A covalent bond is, like, when the atoms share electrons, right?
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.