1a. Similar to.
1b. In the manner of.
3. Used with the verb "to be" in dialogue attribution (quotes).
4. Used to express:
(a) an unspoken thought or
(b) an emotional reaction, especially when
5. A filler word, interchangeable with "uh."
1a. My heart is like a singing bird.
1b. She sat like patience on a monument, / Smiling at grief.
2. There were, like, forty people in the theater.
3. He was, like, "Where are you going?"
4a. I was, like, What's wrong with you?
4b. I was, like, NO DAMMIT!!!
4c. I was, like, crying -- well, I mean, I wasn't crying, but I was so upset.
5. A covalent bond is, like, when the atoms share electrons, right?
Prices shown in USD.