chiefly british slang:
1. kip (n): a rooming house; a room or bed in a rooming house.
2. kip (n): "bed."
3. kip (n): "nap;" "rest;" "bit of sleep."
4. kip (vi; kipped, kipping): "sleep." sometimes used with "down," equivalent to "bed down."
etymology: danish "kippe," "cheap inn."
2. after working that double shift, we were all ready for the kip.
3. "it's 6 a.m., and even big ben is trying to get his head down for a kip." -- the beautiful south, "from under the covers."
4. you take the bed, i'll kip down on the sofa.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.