This word originates in "Chutney" or "Hinglish", a hybrid of English and words local to the region of India/Pakistan. It found its way into white street slang, and thus its association with "chavs" was born.
It is not linked to lack of education or "chavness", being perfectly acceptable to say in any company.
It is used in several ways:
1. As a further contraction of "isn't it". To show that the prior statement contained an element to which the listener is expected to agree, or disagree with.
2. As an expression of agreement.
3. To merely emphasize whatever came before it.
1. -It's raining outside, innit?
-These chav-bashers are cunts, innit?
2. -Innit! In fact, it's pissing it down.
- Innit! It must stem from some sense of inadequacy.
3. - Don't smoke that! There's kids here, innit!
Prices shown in USD.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.