1. Person in their 20s who listens to underground music, wears thrift store fashions, and shows interest in art. As an inherently counter-culture group, many border on annoying when discussing mainstream topics.
2. Derogatory slang for "person who is not me, who bears tangential similarity to a member of a youth movement from 10 years ago", used by people whose minds are older than their bodies. Contemporary update of hippie.
3. Word favored by people who like to use big words that have no actual meaning. See: pretentious, pseudo-intellectual, overrated, elitist, &c. The one word these people clearly do not know: irony
1. I saw this hipster fellow in a coffee shop the other day.
2. That young whippersnapper over there is quite a hipster. Now where did I put my dentures? Oh wait, I'm only 35.
3. That establishment is for hipsters! Pretentious pseudo-intellectual hipsters at that!
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.