The term helicopter mother comes from mothers of (usually) college students who 'hover' over their children at all times of the day. Here are some sign of you having a helicopter mother.
1. Your mother calls you once a day, or more than once a day.
2. Your mother calls you and reminds you about tests, homework, obligations, meetings, etc., because you cannot handle it yourself, you little child you.
3. Your mother registers your classes for you.
4. Your mother attempts to do your homework...and by doing your homework, I don't mean revising a paper, but more like wrestling your chemistry homework from your willing hands and hiring somebody at home to do it for her then sending it back to you before it's due...because she knows when it's due.
5. Your mother sneaks into your school, does your laundry, then sneaks out.
6. You have a GPS chip somewhere underneith your skin, so she knows where you are at all times, and even if you don't, she still knows where you are at all times because of all the phone calls.
7. You don't know how to clean your room, because your mother does it for you.
7. You PROBABLY don't have a (private) social life, although this one is optional.
"oh, mommy-wommy is calling again!"
"That's the third time this hour"
"Well, my mommy loves me and yours doesn't."
"Because my mom doesn't spoil me and do my laundry and call me twelve times a day? touche, touche...goddamn helicopter mother"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.