Someone, usually in an online game, who intentionally, and usually repeatedly, attempts to degrade anothers experience or torment them.
Examples of griefing:
1. Player vs player abuse: Singling out the same person and killing them over and over when they are defensless until hey log off.
2. Kill stealing: Repeatedly trying to steal another persons kills so that their time is wasted.
3. Verbal abuse: Spamming a person with vulgar, hatefull, or offensive messages.
4. Blocking: Getting in anothers way so they cannot move or get out of a particular area.
5. "Training": Triggering many monsters, almost always impossible to fight and survive, with the intention to either run someone out of an area or kill them indirectly if the server is not 'player vs player' enabled.
Griefing in massively multiplayer online role playing games are usually bannable on first offense and less common (thoguh still visably present).
Griefing is much more common on private servers for first person shooters like Counterstrike and Battlefield 1942.
Griefers and Powergamers are the 2 worst problems in online games today.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.