Slang used to connote an overly ’visual’ Italian of the male persuasion. What is ’overly visual’?
1) The right attitude...hence ’GEEEEVE’ Short for "I don’t give a fcuk."
2) The right music (euro, freestyle, euro-pop, euro cheeze, euro trash, gino rock (Bon Jovi etc. etc.) preferably played as loud as possible on your car stereo to attract the attention of the other ’dude-buds’ *See 3 for definition of ’dude-bud’.
3) The right ’dude-buds’. Dude-buds (DB’s) are simply put, other gino’s who are your close friends. They are the ones ’who buy you the coffee and the smokes, when you’re feeling hungry now...’ Why dude-buds?
Gino 1: Dude! What’s ’goin on?
Gino 2: Bud! Nothin’, just finished waxing up my ’Stang, gettin’ ready to cruise the strip at Wasaga Beach. Dude! What about you?
Gino 1: Bud! Just came back from Highway 7, I saw your ex. Dude! She looked MINT! But she’s such a troia now. This goon she was with in the Coffee Time parking lot, Dude, you should have..."
4) The right clothes...Diesel, Mexx, Indian Motorcycle, D & G, Aldo, and various other stores can supply the G.I.T. with what they need to become a gino.
5) The right hair. This has ranged from the old fashioned pulled back with grease look from a couple of decades ago to the now present ’geeeve’ messed up look. More popular is the style where the hair is still spiked, but pulled back in such a way so as to give the impression that you drove to where ever you are presently with the top down and your head out the sunroof!
6) The right career. Every gino at some time in his life dreams of becoming a DJ.
7) The right car accessories/car. Having at least ONE Italian flag on your car is a must. In addition, driving a Cavalier Z24, VW Golf GTI (perferrably VR6) Mustang GT, Camero (IROC = bonus points) and lacing as much of the car in ’Momo’ parts gets you even furhter into this thing called ginoism.
'Man, last night I was tuned into Z103, with the nugget, Tony Monaco. Marky D was pounding some SERIOUS gino beats from Menage.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.