A friendly, loud being from the north-east of england. Namely, newcastle. Geordies are often proud of their homeland, not to be confused with Sunderland or Gateshead. They support the toon/black and white army, formally known as Newcastle United Football Club.
The Average Geordie-
1. Starts drinking at eleven. (the age, not the time)
2. Is friendly towards people of a different hometown.
3. Is part-scottish or at least knows someone who is.
4. Male geordies tend to watch, attend or listen to the match. The females will also watch, attend or listen to the match, but prefer to go shopping in town where if you listen , you can hear the crowds reactions. Others are forced into watching the match on tv.
5. Geordies use and love 'the metty' (metro) Younger geordies go on metty mish's. No respectable Geordie pays to use the Metro.
6. Know's how to speak Geordie, even if they don't speak it normally.
7. Geordies greet each other with the term 'Alreeeet'
Typical Geordie Conversation:
Geordie One: Alreet?
Geordie Two: Aye, hows yoursel' ?
Geordie One: Am mint, man. Areya gan doon toon t' watch the toon ?
Geordie Two: Naa, am gan oot ona Metty Mish wi' me mates
Geordie One: Shame that, like. S'ment t'be wicked ya narr
*breif football banter*
Geordie Two: Reet am off.
Geordie One: Ta'ra mate.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.