Sadly, a wonderful idea and potentially one of the coolest forums on Earth, if not for major flaws that completely ruin any enjoyment from it's users.
1. The basic system:
- Possibly the most inconvenient, inaccessible and unintuitive message board system I've EVER seen. Everything you are allowed to do, even the most basic amenities of forum usage are presented as "rewards" for accumulating high "karma" (an ironic term at best). Basically a badge of honor and level of validity to one's membership gained simply by signing on. You could type by mashing the keys with your face everyday for a year and be more accepted than a newbie with halfway decent ideas.
"Want to delete a post? Sorry Karma is too low. Want to search your own posts? Sorry. Mark a troll for harassing you? Sorry. Want to post more than ten times a day? Sorry"....you get the picture.
- There is no messaging system, so communicating on a personal level is impossible. They even make a point of saying the possible inclusion of such, is not even up for discussion.
- No 'Edit post' feature at all. Which means a lot of deleted posts which still take up room, and a LOT of double or triple posting and even more typos that certainly fail to go unnoticed by the site's "grammar police".
You think with all the pop ups and drop downs, this place could spring for some convenience...
- The karma system only serves to create an elitist atmosphere where the opinions of anyone with low karma are immediately written off as invalid or trollish.
- The codes for posting aren't presented to the poster when posting. You get a box. You type in the box. If you don't know the codes for italics or quoting. Meh, tuff shit.
If you look up corrupt in the dictionary.....
THE worst I've ever seen.
Anyone with intellect needs to seriously watch out, because apparently, the moderating staff is made up almost entirely of CJayC's punk-ass little brother's best friends. With all the anti-intelligence and pro-childish fight mob mentality you'd expect from thirteen year old boys.
Things that can net you moderation:
- Whole words and sentences
- Refusal to kowtow
- not kissing the right ass
- presenting a counter to fanboy supported games
- Being a decent person
3. The People:
Imagine a pool filled with people and no water. Imagine that 90% of said people are under the age of 18. Hopped up on sugar and bolstered by "Internet courage" Each one more "1337" than the last. Now imagine the remaining 10% are buried under the former struggling to breath and claw their way through the idiot kids only to reach the surface to be kicked in the face by a moderator and pushed back down into the depths of Internet Hell.
GAMEFAQS - Come for the FAQ's...stay for nothing else.
"Did you know I was banned from the gamefaqs message boards yesterday?"
"Yeah, it was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.