FPS has three meanings.
1. FPS: A First Person Shooter is a type of game where you play as if your eyes are the character's, and the game involves shooting down opponents and in general wreaking havoc and inflicting massive damage to giant enemy crabs.
2. FPS: Frames Per Second helps when it comes to animations on computers. Setting an animation to 1 frame per second would cause the image to change every second, while 24 would show good, smooth animation. It is primarily used in Flash Animations and animated .GIFs, so that coo.
3. FPS: Feet Per Second is often times how a bullet or similarly shot projectiles are measured.
1. So I came over to my friend's house and said "hay, wanna play halo 3 beta?" and he's all liek "ya, FPS's are teh shiznit"
2. My friend laughed loudly at my .GIF when he saw how unsmoothly it animated. "What did you set the FPS to on this one!? HAHAHA!"
3. It took about .001 for the bullet to meet the man's head. Holy crap that hurt.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.