1. A FOSS luser.
2. A fossie; but usually more despective.
3. A GNU zealot.
4. A GPL freeloader.
5. A Linux lover.
6. A derogatory insult to a foss user. From a contraction (of the shortening) of FOSS + user.
7. A bastardarization of loser.
8. Misspelling of fusser.
- Self-righteous fossers love to hate closed source software; especially Microsoft's.
- Fossers think that paying for any software is evil; and hence, use every opportunity to convince you on that ground alone that their supposedly amateur offer is better; when in fact will eventually cost way more, once you take into account the time you would've saved using a pro tool and the steep learning curve.
- Pedant fossers usually turn away potential advocates and alienate users by extreme prickish attitude, mainly in their forums. They like to put down valid inquiries and requests as if it is the other person's fault, until they finally make them look like complete noobs.
- Fossers usually like sci-fi, d&d, cosplay, etc; have no real friends or a social life (obv virgins); and are ugly, morbidly fat/skinny and dwell in their parent's basement; like the trolls that they really are.
- In the end; fossers would like you to get by with only water, air, their shit, and the good vibes of the universe.
- Fossers are like the communists of the computer world. Ignoring the facts that in general people do not like complex, difficult to use glorified toys masquerading as apps and OSes; that they are also weak, meek, and stupid; and more so the reality that when the going gets tough, people become inherently more selfish (not altruist; ie, have to eat); and likewise their ideal software model is doomed to eventually fall apart.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.