1. Of or resembling earth or soil
2. Natural, unartificial, unpretentious
4. Down to earth, no-nonsense, practical, pragmatic, sensible
1. The earthy smell of freshly-turned topsoil brought back memories from my childhood on the farm.
2. The earthy rural town and the forest behind it were refreshing after life in the city.
3. The Nuer of Sudan are very earthy regarding infertile women; the barren woman in question becomes recognized as a man and an heir to her father's line, is married to a woman, and a sperm donor contributes his share, with the barren woman recognized as the father of the children.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.