1) a synonym for cool/dope/sweet (i.e. thats so chill)
2) a synonym for "hang out" (i.e. let's chill)
3) a synonym for "no thanks" (i.e. umm...I'm chill on that)
4) smoking pot (i.e. wanna chill during lunch?)
5) you need to calm down (i.e. you need the chill the F out man)
6) being intoxicated by marijuana and/or being relaxed (i.e. i am so chilled out right now)
7) yes, that sounds good (i.e. Matt: Want to iceskate? Sam: thats chill dude)
8) something that is cold (i.e. there is a chill to the air)
9) stayting in (i.e. Jamie: Want to get wasted tonight? Kyle: nah man I'm just going to chill tonight)
Just remember, some of these phrases are quite similar if not exactly similar, so your tone of voice is essential when using this word.
all the examples of chill are next to the corresponding definitions above
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.