1. a random image inserted into a television show or movie by a creator with no special significance but which fans attribute deep meaning to and debate about said meaning at length. The term stems from a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode, 04.22 "Restless." The term can also be applied to any of the following:
2. any confusing image which causes a person to realize she is literally or figuratively dreaming
3. something which will not protect a person
4. something for which one clears a space, especially if space is already available or time should be spent on more pressing matters
5. an existential question or riddle
1. Look, I listened to the director's commentary. The bald guy is just a cheese slice--there's no deep meaning behind his appearance.
2. It all seemed so real, but my dog driving an ice cream truck was a real cheese slice and I knew I had to wake up.
I thought I could trust my best friend until I got smacked with a cheese slice: she was having an affair with my boyfriend!
3. I don't know if I want to ride with you--your Geo Metro is a total cheese slice in an accident.
4. I know I told my sister I would babysit, but I cheese-sliced in coffee with Nathan instead.
5. The real cheese slice is whether I wear the pants or the pants wear me.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.