Someone who reproduces at least once, and appears to have no concept of how to raise a child.
Breeders often have skewed reasoning (or no reasoning) behind their decision to give birth, such as:
"Why did I have kids? Well...that's just what you do, isn't it? You can't not have kids..."
"I didn't want kids, but he/she said that if we didn't have any, he/she would leave me, so I had to really."
"It sorts out all the problems in your relationship! No, really!"
"My parents wanted grandchildren."
"If you have kids, you get a free house and allowance from the tax-payers!"
"The bible says so."
Breeders are easily spotted by the following:
- their determination to ignore the havoc wreaked by their snotty brat
- the tendancy to change nappies on restaurant tables and other inappropriate places
- their complete and utter outrage when someone asks them to prevent their child from misbehaving
- their cries of "he/she's just a chyyyuld" if you refuse to comply with their ickle precious's every whim
- their often unkept appearance, the stains of baby-food on their t-shirts, greasy skin because they didn't have time to shower between popping out to buy their fags and dropping their brat off at his dad's council flat.
This term is often associated with the childfree, though it is sometimes used by others. It is not used to describe those who do a decent job of raising their kids.
"On the bus the other day, this mother and her kid got on, and the kid tried to take my book. I told him it was mine and he had a massive tantrum. Even worse, his mum actually tried to persuade me to give him my book, because he was 'just a child'! God, what a breeder!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.