"Bindaas" is a word in Hindi slang that originated (like many other Hindi slangs) from Mumbaiya Hindi (the dialect spoken in and around Mumbai and used in films in the mouth of lesser educated people). It's now spread all over North India and pretty much lost its slang status. It's even a part of the OED now.
(it can also be spelt bindas and bindass)
1. originally, cool and carefree; (of a person) not worrying too much about anything.
(now not used except as passing into sense#2)
2. in a wider sense, used generally as an adjective of approval; good, excellent, first-class, cool; by hyperbole, okay, passable.
3. also used as almost a verbal tic, without any specific meaning, to start, continue and finish a conversation.
4. also the name of a TV channel broadcast in India.
2. Guy#1 : Hey man, how was your exam?
Guy#2 : What to say, yaar, the paper was bindaas. I'm surely gonna get an A+ here.
3. Guy#1 : Hey yaar, where've you been?
Guy#2 : Bindaas man, don't worry, I'm right back.
Guy#1 : So dude, don't forget that, 'k?
Guy#2 : Bindaas, man, I won't forget.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.