1. An act of clemency by an authority (as a government) by which pardon is granted, esp. to a group of individuals.
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law
2. A general overlooking or pardon of past offences, by the ruling authority.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
3. Punishing people for entering the US illegally.
- One confused and babbling President.
"Ya know I uh... I've heard all the 'rhetoric', ya know, you've heard it too, 'bout how this (immigration reform bill) is 'amnesty'... Am - amnesty means that YOU GOTTA PAY, ya know, a price for having bin here illegally... And this bill does that."
- George W. Bush, Washington D.C., June 26, 2007.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.