1) the first letter of the English alphabet
2) a sound that this letter represents
3) one; one sort of
4) each; any one
5) in or for each
6) in some schools, the highest grade, meaning "excellent" or "best"
7) in music, the sixth tone or note in the scale of C Major
8) abbreviation for assist: used in sports
1) "A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z" As you can see, A is the first letter of the Engish alphabet.
2) Sounds like "ay" or "ah"
3) I picked a rose.
4) A dog that bites should be tied up.
5) It costs fifty cents a box.
6) I got an A on my math test today!
7) Your A string is out of tune.
8) I got a few A's in today's basketball game.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.