Slang term, used to mock non-asian people who are attracted to asian people. Usually of eastern descent - Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.
Signs that someone/you has/have yellow fever include:
1) Obsession over a person of asian descent.
2) A fascination with asian stuff, e.g. Japanese things, Anime, Chinese history, Asian languages, Her parent's takeaway...
3) Acting like a prat around asian people, because you've gone into mental meltdown.
Protip: Make use of the name 'Poon' for awesome puns.
1)Yellow fever sufferer: 'Ohmygod, that *asian person* is so damn cute, I have to ask her out. I feel so lonely without her...she can make me complete <3'
Concerned friend: 'Dude, you don't know her. Why the HELL are you so obsessed with her? Please, you're scaring me.'
2) Yellow fever sufferer: 'Ohmagawd, she/he is so kawaiii!!!!1 I want to glomp him! Do u think she/he'll be impressed by mai awsum japanese/mandarin/cantonese vocab? Huh?'
3) Yellow fever sufferer: 'Oh, hi, how are you today? I just thought I'd come up and study with you here...in the library...yeah...you know, I like hong kong. I hear your family is from hong kong. Oooh, can you speak canto? Can I hear you speak canto? You do know, your hair is lovely, it's so black and nice, and your eyes too, they are lovely, so exotic and...beautiful...what? No, don't be silly, I don't fancy you, do you think I'm obsessed with azns or summat? Huh? LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL!'
Prices shown in USD.
Log in with Facebook to save your favorite definitions
and share them with friends.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.