Formally know as the Traditions, the Trads are the premiere all-male acappella group at Macalester College. Composed of first years to seniors, they perform for campus events year round, usually with a large turn out. Some of their traditions include:
- Electing the Rod, the senior head of the Trads.
- Electing the Bitch, the favorite first-year member.
- Drinking alcohol before performances.
- Wearing tacky, plaid blazers to performances.
- Picking random girls in the audience to serenade/embarrass on stage.
- Performing the Bitch Song, in which the Bitch sings a clever little diddy about S&M to a girl of his choice, and is then whipped by her with a member's belt.
- Just doing random things that will make you laugh, and have an overall enjoyable experience.
The Traditions are well worth watching (drunk) at least once during your Macalester experience.
The Trads were great last night! That may be the hangover talking though...
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.