(n) A term used throughout south Louisiana to refer a young, lower to lower-middle class white male who embodies a combination of wigger, white trash and "coonass" stereotypes.
The overall toby aesthetic, however, is not limited to the aforementioned stereotypes, and often shows influences typically associated with guidos, mid-to-late 90's "preps" or jocks, and even suburban American ravers.
(adj) exhibiting traits commonly associated with tobies
typical elements of toby style include:
- "fade" haircuts, often with heavily gelled and/or highlighted bangs
- an affinity for color schemes involving yellow and baby blue
- poorly-executed tattoos (usually tribal or just "ghetto")
- high-top athletic shoes (usually Nike)
- white baseball caps (worn backwards)
- visors (less popular in recent years)
- a "dirt lip" or "rat-stache"
- puka shell necklaces
- low-slung basketball shorts or baggy plaid board shorts
- "wifebeater" undershirts
- pierced ears (fake diamond studs or tiny hoops)
- tongue and eyebrow piercings
- cheap hip-hop-inspired jewelry
"Check out that toby with 4 his tasha-ass girlfriend..."
"Who? The one with the neck tattoo?"
"No the one with the Fox racing t-shirt. His bangs look like little icicles."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.