1. A machine, usually imagined as a vehicle that can travel through the dimension of time. Something that has been sought after since the dawn of science, a few scintists believe we are on the verge of actually coming up with a working machine for sending messages back through time using high intensity lasers to warp space in a similar way that black holes do.
2. Possibly the most famous sci-fi time machine was driven by Marty McFly in the Back to the Future trilogy, it was made from a DeLorean, one of the most useless cars ever made (presumably to be ironic), which has gull-wing doors and looks a lot like a Lotus Esprit.
The Time Machine was a novel by H.G. Wells in the 1800's, it was one of the first works of science fiction to inspire real scientists to begin studying time.
Side effects of time travel include paradoxes like if you killed your own grandfather before he concieved your father you wouldn't be able to return to the same future you came from, causing alternate realities.
3. Time Machine is also a term that can be used for a bottle of vodka or other high volume spirit. If downed quickly it can create a memory black out, so the next thing you remember after beginning to drink is waking up the next morning. This creates a sense of "what the, who the, where the, did I just?" in the subject, a lot like if you had just travelled through time.
Side effects of time travel include soiling your underwear, excessive vomiting, causing a public scene, trying to grope your best mate, coming back from the toilet with your trousers still down, falling over, attempting children's playground obstacle courses, getting arrested and of course waking up in a police cell with no money and having to walk home with a turd in your underwear. You are also likely to wish you'd travelled a little further into the future, since no one who saw you will let you forget it for about a year.
1. Dr Mammet is currently building a time machine for sending messages back through time, no one is currently completely sure if it will work, what they are sure about is it's going to be an extreemly expensive laser light show if it doesn't.
2. Doc Brown built a time machine from a DeLorean, a nuclear reactor and a flux capacitator. The flux capacitator is about the size of a VCR and looks a lot like the prop man just put three neon tubes in it, slapped a cover on and went for his tea break.
3. "Ooooh dude my head, what happened last night? I remember buying a time machine, next thing I know my heads in a toilet at Wycombe police station!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.