1. n. (derogatory, semi-proper) Term used to describe any class of people who wield power and are seen as oppressive. See also whitey, big brother, corporate america, the establishment (Please note, these synonyms are used as examples of groups who have been called "The Man," and should not be construed as a racist attack)
2. n. (derogatory, proper) Term used to describe an individual who holds authority over another, such as an employment supervisor or police officer. See also, pig, asshole, nazi, fascist.
3. n. (military) Any superior officer who has authority to issue legal punishment. See also brass.
4. n. (complimentary) Term used to describe an individual who has achieved either a great accomplishment, or who is viewed as being an altogether good person. See also the bomb, the shit.
1. I can't ever get anywhere in this world because The Man is keeping me down.
2. I wanted to jet out of work early, but the Man said I had to clean the shop before I could leave.
3. The staff sergeant told the habitually late private that if he was not on time tomorrow, the private would be standing tall before the man.
4. "Damn dude! You banged three chicks in one night? You are the man!"
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.