1. A word that means the same, or almost the same, as another word in the same language, either in all of its uses or in a specific context.
2. a word or expression that is used as another name for something in some styles of speaking or writing or to emphasize a specific aspect or association.
3. A duplicate taxonomic name that has been rejected or replaced.
1. Examples of synonyms in this sense are "environment" and "surroundings" and the verbs "tear" and "rip."
2. Examples include "Gotham" and "New York."
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.