9/10 times, a student film involves:
- The homeless
- Suicide or Death in a dramatic light
- A short story they didn't write
- Alarm clocks
- The stalest of actors
- Needless exploitation of available resources (slow motion, racking focus for no reason, fancy credit titles)
- Poser pablum
- Blunt and painful symbolism
- An epic tale constrained to 5 minutes
- Copyrighted music used without permission, probably Radiohead or Sigur Ros
- Terrible sound or terrible shots (usually sound, rarely both)
9/10 times, a student piece sucks balls.
The 10th time, the time that it doesn't suck balls, it's probably a comedy.
Did you see that student film about the kid with a literal crutch, but his crutch was also his mother? And when he told her how she's his CRUTCH he threw his crutch on the ground and walked off? Deep man... DEEP.
Prices shown in USD.
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from email@example.com. We'll never spam you.